Friday, September 10, 2021

supreme court questions

 

What did you learn about the Supreme Court that you didn't already know?

There were a few facts I did not know about the Supreme Court, such as when the videos talk about how long the justices stay on the court. I did not know that they usually outlast the president that appointed them. I also did not know that the Supreme Court was first housed in the unfinished capital and basically written off until John Marshall made it more important.

What is the most important take-away point about the Supreme Court?

In my opinion, the most important part of the video is that the Supreme Court is a court that was made to uphold the constitution. That its main use is to serve the people of the United States and make sure that the government is being fair and true to the constitution and its people.

What was the most surprising thing you learned?

The main part that I found surprising was how many cases go to the supreme court and how many they take in. The video says that they go through about 100 cases a week and around 7 thousand a year and only accept about 100 a year to look over.

How did the video change the way you thought of the Supreme Court?

The main way that I changed my view on the supreme court was that I always thought it was some big court and power that made sure the lower courts are keeping true to the constitution. The video showed me that it was not always something big. They worked their way up to the power they have. The court is mainly used to make sure everyone is being treated fair and equal in the court system.


No comments:

Post a Comment

final post

 Relationships with technology When it comes to technology, I would say that I have a good number of devices in my life. I probably have mor...